Fellow of the ARS
Fellow status is reserved for ARS members that also meet the following qualifications:
Benefits of Fellow Membership:
- Diplomat of the American Board of Otolaryngology (or its equivalent) in good standing.
- At least 3 years out from completion of residency training,
- 50 surgical rhinologic cases in a two year time period (Examples of rhinologic cases include endoscopic sinus surgery, external sinus surgery, endoscopic orbital or skull base surgery),
- Documentation of service to the rhinologic community (Examples include publications in the field of rhinology, involvement in non-industry sponsored educational activities that serve the public, the medical community or training programs)
- Attendance at least three (3) American Rhinologic Society meetings or ARS-sponsored courses over a 3-year period.
- Sponsorship by two ARS Fellow (FARS) members in good standing through letters of recommendation.
Becoming a Fellow of the ARS
- FARS members have the same privileges of regular membership.
- FARS members are eligible to vote.
- FARS members may serve on one or more committees.
- FARS members may hold office.
Members in good standing simply need to compile the following and forward along with an email letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the ARS for the first time?
- An updated Curriculum Vitae
- A surgical case log of at least 50 rhinologic cases from the last two years. This should contain the date, CPT, and case descriptions but should be filtered of all HIPAA identifiable data (name, MRN, age, etc.)
- Two letters of recommendation from current FARS members in good standing
If you are joining the ARS for the first time and would like to be considered for Fellow (FARS) status, please complete the regular application
first and follow up with an email to email@example.com
with the necessary supplemental materials.
©American Rhinologic Society